Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Member Spotlight - Norma C


Name: Norma C.

Hometown: Louisville

Family:

I have 5 children (3 by birth and 2 was blessed to raise) all grown. I am married (again) and my husband is mostly a keeper and even when he's not I keep him anyways!

Why do you Run? I run because it challenges me! I am a run/walker and I want to be a run/runner!

Favorite non-running workout: Yoga

Favorite Training Plan: I am all over the place and still do not have the perfect training plan.

Where is your favorite place to run and why?

Seneca Loop - I love it because it is convenient to my work and I have made so many memories on that loop, like playing in the rain with Sabine haha

What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? Water!! It's my crutch!

What’s your opinion of perfect running weather? Warm weather is better for me I do not do cold well

What is your favorite post-run indulgence? Strawberry cheesecake Greek Yogurt



Favorite running song that gives you strength? It changes but right now Uncle Kracker Good to be Me

What was your favorite race and why? The Warrior Dash - I did it with my brother.

What is your bucket list race

It is not a particular race so much as the bucket list race is any race that I do not walk any part of....

At what point did you start to call yourself a “runner”?

I just recently started referring to myself as a runner. There wasn't a defining moment for me. I just feel like a runner mom.

What do you tell yourself to keep going during a tough run?

After joining MRTT I learned that if you run any part it counts as a run. I still sometimes cannot believe that I am a runner but this group keeps me reminded that it's about feet to payment not about speed. Calling myself a runner has helped me push myself to run more and more.

What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution?

I just remind myself the next run will be better but I have to finish this one to have a next one.

What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)?

Getting through without walking. I have not found the solution but I get closer each time I run

What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)?

I want to set a healthy example for my family, I want to run at least a 5K without walking, I want to encourage others







No comments:

Post a Comment