Thursday, February 1, 2018

Stephanie L - Member Spotlight

Name: Stephanie L.

Hometown: Louisville KY (Originally from PRP, Currently in St. Matthews)

Family: My Husband, Mark; (step) son, Zachary, 14 & my Fur Kids… Baxter Lee, Barrett, Bailee Mae & Benni

Why do you Run? 

I need the mental clarity it helps bring me. The older I get the more I realize being active now is for how I will spend my life later… health & well being.

Favorite non-running workout: Walking the dogs! But I just started Boot Camp and shockingly love it. 

Favorite Training Plan: So far it’s the ‘Sign up for a 5K and start running for it’ plan. LOL.  I'm studying this and trying to figure out the best methods for me. I'm currently following Hal Higdon 15-K Training Plan.

Where is your favorite place to run and why? The neighborhood… I love being around lots of trees & being able to walk right out the door. Easy keeps me motivated😊

What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? Ponytail holder! I wish I could be one of those girls with the long hair flowing after a 5k… not happening!

What’s your opinion of perfect running weather? 
50 degrees/partial clouds/dry roads.

What is your favorite post-run indulgence? 
WILD EGGS!!! Farmers Market Skillet

Favorite running song that gives you strength? 
I CANT PICK ONE!
Icky Thump- The White Stripes; Running Down a Dream- Tom Petty; Don’t Stop Me Now- Queen; Let’s Dance- David Bowie; PYT- Michael Jackson; Straight On- Heart; You Should Be Dancing- Bee Gees; Anything Kanye West- Don’t judge me

What was your favorite race and why? The Thru the Zoo 5K because it was my very first 5k race!

What is your bucket list race… The Triple Crown- I’m registered & currently training!!

At what point did you start to call yourself a “runner”? Probably after my 3rd 5K & I was running more & walking less.

What do you tell yourself to keep going during a tough run? I'm stronger than I think. That & I have to finish to get brunch. (I REALLY love brunch)

What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution? Time. I'm learning to schedule & plan my life to make time for myself, and running is for me. No one else.

What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)?
Complete the Triple; Certification in Nutrition/Health Coaching; Do a pull up😊




No comments:

Post a Comment