Friday, May 25, 2018

Stacey - Leadership Spotlight


Name:  Stacey M.

Hometown: LaGrange, Ky           

Family: Husband of 10 years...I believe. Mother of three kids 7,5,3.

Why do you Run?
I run because I enjoy it. I love the friendships it's brought me, the strength it’s given me, confidence I’ve gained, and I’m continuing to learn more reasons why I run. 

Favorite non-running workout:
Strength Training. I have committed two days a week to strength with my good friend, Jeanette, for almost a year now, I think.

Favorite Training Plan:
I don't really have a particular one. I’ve used a couple here and there. What I have done this current plan, was taken one from Jenny Hadfield used hers as my base and rearranged it for myself and my life. Once I did that, I double checked it with a more experienced runner to make sure I didn't screw it up.

Where is your favorite place to run and why?
I run roads mostly during the week due to convenience but I prefer any trail. Of course, I wouldn't pass up a run with a friend or new friend just because it's on road.

What is the one thing you absolutely need to run?
A capri, skirt or shorts with pockets to hold my water and or phone.

What is your favorite post-run indulgence?
Always a beer. I have recently learned on my last long training run, I crave a grilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a. It was THE best sandwich I ever had. 

Favorite running song that gives you strength?
Honestly, I don't run with music. I have found I run better without it.

What was your favorite race and why?
I have a few that come to mind, The View, Queen Bee, Ragnar just to name some. The only reason I have come up with to why, is because of the people that I have run them with. They made the race worth it!



What is your bucket list race…
I haven't found one yet. I think after September I will have more of an idea of what I want to do with my running self.

At what point did you start to call yourself a “runner”?
Probably shortly after I started running again. I was running with some awesome ladies from MRTT/SRTT. The positivity and acceptance I gained was amazing.

What do you tell yourself to keep going during a tough run?
I try to think of someone (a friend, family member) who has accomplished something just as difficult or even more difficult. It puts my tough run into perspective and it also reminds me I’m not the only one out there doing this. I can get through it just keep moving.

What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution?
I allow my mental game to get the best of me.  I let it kick my a** so many times running and non running. I am slowly learning tricks and strategies to help when I get down into a “pit” that I can’t get out of.

I have started listening to podcasts about running, reading books, and talking to other runners about what they have learned. I then go and keep it all in my mental notebook and test some of them out on my long training runs.

What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)?
  1. Make sure my kids are kind to everyone and are strong enough to stand up for themselves and what they believe in.
  2. Help my husband find the time to do what he loves and support his hobbies.
  3. Continue to learn how to be a better runner, which helps in life all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment