Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mandy H - Leadership Spotlight













Name:  Mandy

Hometown: From Louisville, but live in Jeffersonville, IN

Family: Husband and 7 year old daughter

Why do you Run? For "Me" time and exercise. I run races for the bling :)

Favorite non-running workout: Pure Barre

Favorite Training Plan: Galloway

What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? Garmin

What is your favorite post-run indulgence? Pizza

Favorite running song that gives you strength? ROAR by Katy Perry

What was your favorite race and why?
WDW Half Marathon because it was my first half marathon! It proved I could do anything I put my mind to!

What is your bucket list race… NYC

At what point did you start to call yourself a “runner”?
After my first half marathon (January 2013)

What do you tell yourself to keep going during a tough run?
Not to give up, I want to be a good role model for my daughter to not quit when things get hard.

What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution? Feeling guilty about time away from family -- realize that taking care of me was important.

What do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)?
Run a full marathon before I turn 40

No comments:

Post a Comment