Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Member spotlight on Dianne B.

 

Member Spotlight on Dianne B.

Check out this fun spotlight on Dianne!







Hometown:  Louisville


How long have you been a member of SRTT?  I'm really not sure, but I can say that I have only been an active participant for a year. I wanted to expand my opportunities to meet other runners and I was looking for inspiration.


Why do you Run? There are so many reasons why I run. The most important reason is that pushing myself physically helps to maintain a healthy mental state for me. Like many people, running is like meditation to me. I also am grateful for the friendships I've developed with other runners. My running friends are always cheering me on in all areas of my life. And lastly, I enjoy running in parks - the sunshine, the birds, early morning fog- all of these things have enrich my daily life.


Favorite non-running workout: Yoga at the Northeast Y


What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? My watch! I run intervals and I would be lost without it.


What is your favorite post-run indulgence? If it's a long run, a warm shower and a nap!


What was your favorite race and why? Midway Mini Marathon - We ran very near beautiful horse farms. The horses were enjoying running with us.

What is your bucket list race? Queen Bee in Cincinnati (I think it's going to happen this year.)

Do you call yourself a runner? If so, at what point in your journey did that happen? Yes, I'm a runner. I've been a member of FF's mini marathon training programs for years. I learned through the strong women in the group, that if you run, you're a runner. No buts.


What is your favorite thing about being an SRTT member? SRTT is a very supportive group. We champion all runners. I appreciate all of the "likes and loves" I get from people who cheer on my littlest victories.


What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution? I used to really worry about my slow pace. I didn't run consistently through the year so I don't see significant gains in pace. The first book a read about slow running was The Accidental Athlete by John Bingham. He's very inspiring and wrote for Runner's World for many years. After that, I read Running for Mortals and other very good books about adults that became athletes later in life. I don't worry about pace but I do concentrate on other goals that keep me running.


What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)?

1. I'm retired from teaching and it's time to travel! My husband and I have a trip planned to Europe in June. I want to run under the Eiffel Tower!

2. I want to backpack now that I have the time. I've signed up for a Hike 365 miles challenge this year.

3. I want to develop a healthy stretching and strength training routine. I've been experimenting with a few things and I think that this will happen this year.



Like this story? 

Want to share your own?

  Send it to us via this form!





No comments:

Post a Comment