Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Member Spotlight on Kassidy C.

Check out this fun spotlight on Kassidy!



Hometown:  Valparaiso, IN 


How long have you been a member of SRTT?  I have been a member of SRTT for less than a year. I joined to find a sense of community and belong among other runners. I also wanted a safe space as a female runner to talk about the struggles and successes as female runners. 


Why do you Run?  I run to challenge myself. I hated running growing up, but last year I challenged myself to start running, and now I love it! Running gives me an outlet on stressful days and a fun challenge on the good days.


Favorite non-running workout: HIIT- style dance workouts by EMKFit


What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? A distraction LOL

What is your favorite post-run indulgence? An Acai bowl with lots of fruit and peanut butter

What was your favorite race and why? My favorite race had to be Urban Bourbon 2023! It was my first half marathon which was daunting but also fun! Despite a knee injury I ended up finishing with a better time than I expected. I also loved all of the training runs leading up to the race and having SRTT ladies there support us at the water stop!

What is your bucket list race? The Dopey Challenge at Walt Disney World

Do you call yourself a runner? If so, at what point in your journey did that happen? I do call myself a runner. The turning point in my running journey when I finally felt like a runner was during UBHM training last year when I ran 10 miles for the first time! It was my first time running double digits and my first time trying gels.


What is your favorite thing about being an SRTT member? The community! I love seeing everyone's posts on the facebook group and catching up during group runs


What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution? I've struggled a lot with motivation throughout my running journey. This is definitely something I still struggle with, but I find it easier when I don't put so much pressure on myself to run a certain pace/distance/time. It helps not having that pressure of hitting a number goal and just going out and remembering that running is fun!


What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)?

1) Run a marathon before I turn 26 

2) Inspire others to start their running journey no matter their age/pace/etc.

3)Complete the Dopey Challenge!



Like this story? 

Want to share your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment