Wednesday, January 10, 2024

SRTT Member Spotlight: Melissa Davis

 

Member Spotlight on Melissa D.



Check out this fun spotlight on Melissa D.


Hometown:  Louisville/LaGrange


How long have you been a member of SRTT? I think I joined in 2017 but I wanted to meet more like-minded women and make more running friends.


Why do you Run? I mostly run to stay active but I've also found it's been good for my mental health. As a therapist, I deal with a lot of heavy stuff day-to-day so it's good for me that run that sh*t off.



Favorite non-running workout: It was once soccer but now I'd say cycling though it should be strength training 🤪

What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? A sports bra!

What is your favorite post-run indulgence? Chocolate Milk

What was your favorite race and why? I love the IHR Thanksgiving race. I love seeing the community together, the opportunity for everyone to win a prize, the long uphill struggle, and the speed of the downhill finish. It's the best!.

What is your bucket list race? I need to think about this. I just finished Indy Monumental marathon & haven't thought about another race 🤣.


Do you call yourself a runner? If so, at what point in your journey did that happen?
I think it took a long time to call myself a runner. I signed up for my first half marathon with a goal of finishing without puking. After several races and a couple of years of training for said, I realized I really WANTED to run. I think that's when I started calling myself a runner.


What is your favorite thing about being an SRTT member? I love the friendships I've developed as well as the support and comradery. I love that no matter the journey, this group supports it's members.


What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution? Hip pain/ glute weakness has sidelined me several times in the past few years. I know what I need to do to manage it but admittedly I'm not always consistent *see strength training as indictated above*


What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)?

I want to be stronger

Commit to HR training

Try for another sub 2 half someday





Like this story? 
Want to share your own?



No comments:

Post a Comment