Thursday, May 25, 2023

Member Spotlight on Carmen C.

 

Member Spotlight on Carmen C.

Check out this fun spotlight on Carmen!

Hometown:  Puerto Rico


How long have you been a member of SRTT? Why did you join? Since 2015 when a co-worker told me about it and I knew that I needed a support system.


Why do you Run? For years I avoided it! I knew I wasn’t fast and thought it was too competitive but then a friend introduced me to the joy of running! Who knew you could run for fun?! Ha! Eventually I realized it was all in my head and now it’s a part of me!


Favorite non-running workout: Zumba - love to dance!

What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? My anxiety!

What is your favorite post-run indulgence? A big breakfast.

What was your favorite race and why? So many to choose from. Probably Indy Marathon because it was my first and only (I contradict myself with the answer above regarding my bucket list race,ha!) but the best ones are the ones I’ve done with my tribe!

What is your bucket list race? NYC marathon (eek)

Do you call yourself a runner? If so, at what point in your journey did that happen?  I do now. It took me years, even after I ran a marathon, I didn’t have the nerve to put a 26.2 magnet on my car! I think it was, again, all in my head that you have to be a certain pace, and certain type of athlete. Now I realize when people ask what I do for exercise I naturally say I run and I’m a runner. I’ve also inspired my son to run with me. Proud of that.


What is your favorite thing about being an SRTT member?  The friends I’ve made!






What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution? Strength training- I need to strengthen my hips and just start weight lifting in general as I know it is so important the older I get. Working on it.


What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)? Get stronger, physically and mentally. Travel more. Worry less.



No comments:

Post a Comment