Friday, May 12, 2023

Member Spotlight on Sherry B.

Member Spotlight on Sherry B.

Check out this fun spotlight on your current SRTT Co-Leader, Sherry B.




Hometown: Owensboro, KY but I've lived in Louisville for 16 years.

How long have you been a member of SRTT? Why did you join? I think I joined in 2017, and it was recommended by someone at work because I mentioned how I get really bad race anxiety. She suggested running with a group to help with my nerves, and the rest is history! When I'm standing at the start line with my friends, I have absolutely nothing to be anxious about (except for unplanned GI issues!).

Why do you Run? I run because I'm still amazed at how it challenges my mind and my body to do things I never thought possible.

Favorite non-running workout: Body Pump

What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? Water. I always carry water, even for shorter runs.

What is your favorite post-run indulgence? After a long run, I always have a donut and coffee, and I soak in a hot bath with a bath bomb.

What was your favorite race and why? The New York City Marathon was the most unreal experience. Not only was it an incredible way to see the city, but there's nothing in the world like running 26.2 miles when thousands of people are cheering for you by name and giving out constant high fives. I smiled the whole time! It was even better because my husband, father-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and one of my best friends (who I met in SRTT), Suzy, all spectated and saw me several times on the course.

What is your bucket list race? I only had two (New York City Marathon and Big Sur Marathon), and I've run them both. I need to do more research and come up with another!


Do you call yourself a runner? If so, at what point in your journey did that happen? I am absolutely a runner! I don't remember when I first started calling myself that, but I never had a hang up about it.


What is your favorite thing about being an SRTT member? My favorite part about SRTT is all the friendships I've made along the way. Some of my best friends now are women I've met through the group. We bond on the road and trails and in real life. The fact that I've now run five marathons and have had an SRTT lady with me for every training mile speaks volumes about the relationships and encouragement I've found in this group. 


What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution? My biggest struggle continues to be the worry that I'll have GI issues during a race or a long run. To help, I make sure I eat the same dinner and breakfast beforehand, and allow myself plenty of time in the bathroom the morning of.


What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)? I would love to run a marathon in another country, I'd like to run a 50k, and my dream goal would be a 5k PR.








No comments:

Post a Comment