Thursday, August 3, 2023

Member Spotlight on Niki W.

 

Member Spotlight on Niki 

Check out this fun spotlight on Niki W.


Hometown:  Originally Orlando, now I consider Louisville home.

How long have you been a member of SRTT? Why did you join? I have been a member since 2017 and joined because I had just started running and was new to Ky and was hoping to meet some people to run with and find places to run.

Why do you Run? I run for so many reasons. The health benefits, the joy of it, the empowerment it gives me when I have accomplished a new goal, the mental aspect that helps me clear my mind and because I have learned so much about myself thru the process of becoming a runner.

Favorite non-running workout: Hot yoga

What is the one thing you absolutely need to run? Music

What is your favorite post-run indulgence? Starbucks coffee and a blueberry muffin

What was your favorite race and why? I would have to say Chicago Marathon by far. It was an amazing experience and loved every minute of it!

What is your bucket list race? Bourbon Chase, Ragnar, Great Smoky 1/2

Do you call yourself a runner? If so, at what point in your journey did that happen?  I do call myself a runner! I want to say I considered myself a runner when I completed the 10 miler of the Triple Crown in 2017. That was an emotional feeling of accomplishment when I crossed the finish line.

What is your favorite thing about being an SRTT member?  Community, encouragement and the FOMO it creates (in a good way). It has allowed me to meet so many wonderful people and experience races I may have never done before.

What have you struggled with during your running journey and did you find a solution?  I struggled when I had surgery and was unable to rain Chicago in 2021. I was so upset and defeated. It too a long time for me to get out of that bad mental space and get back into running. I started back running solo just to allow myself time and Grace to get back to what I loved and allow me time to embrace the suck of starting over. Once I felt confident enough to run with others I joined runs and just took it one run at a time to get my groove back.

What three things do you most want to accomplish (running or non-running related)? 

I want to become yoga teacher certified

In 2024 run only races I have never run before

Complete an Olympic triathlon


No comments:

Post a Comment